The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Technical Manager, SCM
Ref No: R1382
Job Type: Full time
- The Senior Technical Manager for Supply Chain Management (STM-SCM) is the lead technical manager responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all supply chain management systems component activities of the Global Fund Malaria Grant.
- S/he works closely with the Project Director, other Senior Technical Managers and project staff, international partners, local partners, and stakeholders for the development and implementation of supply chain strategies and procedures in support of medicine quantification, procurement, warehousing, inventory management, ordering / issuing and distribution.
- The STM-SCM provides technical leadership and direction for the development and implementation of innovative strategies and activities to support the strengthening of supply management systems on the project.
- S/he works with other project staff on the development and deployment of appropriate logistic management information systems that support the planning and monitoring of supply chain operations.
- S/he supports supply chain capacity building efforts and ensures that systems and processes are in place to assure the continuous availability of key program commodities.
- MSH is implementing the Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) and Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN) campaigns as part of the grant and the STM-SCM will lead commodity management and reporting functions of the campaigns.
- S/he will also coordinate.
- Lead the development of project work plans and budgets as they relate to supply chain management activities in collaboration with other project staff, partners, and stakeholders.
- Lead the implementation of supply chain management activities on the project.
- Provide input into updating and implementing the annual work plan and budget, as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the FMOH/SMOH and local partners for the quantification of key commodities including the establishment of appropriate forecasting and supply planning mechanism and information systems to assure availability of data necessary for adequate quantification.
- Represent MSH in external meetings/functions with the government of Nigeria and other partners.
- Collaborate with the FMOH and local partners to assure that effective and efficient warehousing and distribution systems are in place for medicines and other key commodities.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and regional level pharmaceutical supply chains, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH and other relevant team members and partners. Develop and implement appropriate training and supervision programs.
- Provide TA to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for inventory management and other aspects of supply chain management that will assure the availability and quality of medicines and other commodities.
- Along with country partners and other project staff, develop and implement a comprehensive approach for ensuring the quality of the commodities procured and used.
- Monitor and document progress of activities toward achieving results of supply chain activities of the approved project work plan, by taking baseline and periodic measurements of indicators.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria as needed.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Logistics Management, Pharmacy, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience implementing supply chain system improvement programs of large projects in developing countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in health commodity procurement, warehousing, distribution and logistics management information systems.
- Familiarity with public health, Malaria programming, data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Experience working with MOH and national level organizations.
- Strong project management and communication skills required.
- Previous experience in developing training materials and the delivery of training sessions.
- Familiarity with the Nigeria Health System, especially supply chain management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English.
- Experience working with Global Fund-funded programs highly desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of supply chain management systems in the concept of the Nigeria health system.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: