- Company: Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Amaiden Energy Jobs in NigeriaEngineering Jobs in Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Synthesis Geologist, AOBO GSR
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
The responsibilities of the AOBO Synthesis Geologist are:
- To follow-up on all Operators Geological interpretation to defend Client’s position on all work program activities at the best cost.
- To perform proper follow-up of the Operators’ drilling activities and Geology studies.
- To prepare validation dossiers, under the supervision of the AOBO 2G Manager, for internal approvals,
- To carry out key reporting exercises (weekly, monthly, modelling, drilling, EoW, etc.) for AOBO assets.
Follow-up of Operators Geology Activities:
- Review, comment and monitor from a Geology standpoint all Operators’ projects and work programs.
- Monitoring operators’ operations to ensure drilling and safety success stays within approved budget.
- Contribute to development well placement reviews to ensure wells are optimally placed, safely drilled and expected well production/injection targets are achieved.
- Contribute to optimising well data acquisition programs through Partners’ workshops or emails.
- Participate in Unitisation activities (2G studies, Budget proposal/performance reviews).
- Participate at Technical Meetings with Operators & Partners.
- Develop communication avenues with your counterpart Geologists Follow-up of Operators Geology Activities
- Update the weekly and monthly activities report (+KPI) and participate in the weekly activities meeting.
- Maintain an organized data filing system
- Contribute to 2G studies through verification of the quality and reliability of field evaluations using geological models to improve field understanding and ensure reliable estimation of hydrocarbon in-place volumes.
- Play active role in project’s sanction processes (Review of Operators Petrel Models, In-house Quality Reviews, Revue-Gis). Communicate with in-house Geoscience specialist (petrophysics, AVO and ISS) to ensure input to operators’ model is adequate.
- Ensure only Client validated interpretation is communicated with partners and operators.
- Assist the AOBO 2G Manager in requesting & collecting subsurface data from operators (seismic cubes, logs, geological models) and ensure an up to date 2G database for easy reference.
- As part of the follow-up of Operators’ drilling activities; interface with Client drilling entity when necessary, specially to ensure the operator has met our internal safety requirements. Share drilling and completions programs with Client drilling.
- Stand in for the 2G Manager at internal or external meetings when required.
- Promote HSE in line with Client’s policies and attend all required compliance trainings.
- Ensure medical cards are up to date by attending the annual medical set up by the company
- Respect Company’s Policies and Code of Conduct.
- Quality and accuracy of technical data are essential.
- Provide Geology analysis for AOBO decisions to create value.
- Establish good working relationship with Operators, partners and NAPIMS for mutual benefits.
Contribute to Client’s good reputation (technical and otherwise) through technical proficiency and professional
behaviour and development
- Pro-active attitude during meetings with the operator.
- High degree of autonomy and spirit of initiative.
- Timely reporting.
- Quality of presentation and reports.
- Degree in Geosciences (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in 2G disciplines, with Geology as the principal one.
- Some experience in both Operations and 2G Studies.
- Good supervisory, presentation, communication, team leadership skills
- Fluency in English is highly desirable
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.