Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children and adolescents. At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer - Child Health and Nutrition
Job Type: Full Time
Know Our Team
- NI implements high impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Nigeria. The vision of NI is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential.
- Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Senior Program Officer Child Health and Nutrition – Zinc and Supply Chain Management to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You will have a Master's Degree in / or Child Health, Reproductive Health, Nutrition, Nursing, Health Sciences, Food Sciences and Public Health. Training in epidemiology is desirable.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in child health, reproductive health and public health, nutrition, food sciences and/or related field in Nigeria or elsewhere.
- Experience in program/project implementation/supervision, monitoring and evaluation at State or LGA levels in Nigeria.
- Experience with micronutrient programs is desirable. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills. Good written and spoken English.
What We Offer
- A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities.
- We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Selected candidates must have a current legal entitlement to work in Nigeria. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
- All our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.