A reputable Non-governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill critical position necessary for their programme implementation. The organization works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, USAID, Global Fund as well as the British government to fight AIDS, Malnutrition, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Associate – Prevention & Community Services
Job Reference Code: SPAPCS4421
- This position reports to the Head of Office of the region and will assist in providing technical and programmatic support as well as work closely with the Technical Officer, to drive HIV prevention and Community-based programs in the Prevention & Community directorate in close working relationship with stakeholders; CSOs, supported health facilities, relevant government agencies and network of PLHIV.
- S / He will support in the implementation of community-based programs, care and support services with gender mainstreaming.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting of all community based programs; Care & Support services at the program sites.
- To support the health facilities and CSOs during program implementation, and closely monitor compliance with standards and target achievements in assigned state(s).
- Assist in capacity building efforts of partners and ensure delivery of high quality services at all program sites using internationally recognized best practices and in line with national guidelines.
- Support in strengthening bi-directional referrals between communities and health facilities, and gender mainstreaming across program areas within the directorate.
- Assist in providing oversight and technical support to all HIV prevention and community based programs in assigned state(s) with guidance from the supervisor and the Technical Lead.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the state directorate work plans with quarterly progress report writing of all programmatic activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management / advocacy skills
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills
- Must possess a first degree in Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of four (4) years cognate experience in an NGO or donor-funded environment with expertise in the design, implementation and monitoring of HIV Care & Support program (including OVC).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications to: [email protected] Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicate the “Job reference Code and Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2020.
- The suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page if the CV, contained in one document. Any application that is not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
- Late application will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.