The People Practice - Our client is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior Procurement Associate uses planning expertise and negotiation skills to develop relationships with suppliers in support of the Procurement team, inventory, and cost objectives.
- The Senior Procurement Associate provides leadership, guidance, and motivation to their team members.
- Develops sourcing strategies in line with needs of customers to achieve companies sales target.
- Monitors Suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries, consistent product quality and pricing.
- Liaise with Manufacturers to understand production schedules and limit company medication stock outs.
- Conduct industry deep-dive analysis to provide proactive insight into sourcing strategies 1 - 2 years prior.
- Develops and negotiates long-term relationships with strategic suppliers, including supplier-managed inventory objectives.
- Acquires and effectively communicates market knowledge for materials and cost drivers in which suppliers participate in.
- Manages Supplier risk by ensuring continuity business plans are in place for potential unpreventable interruption to the supply chain.
- Accountable for spearheading the achievement of agreed-upon financial and value optimization targets within procurement.
- Monitors all sourcing projects and reports on the status of savings.
- Ensures staff maximizing inventory levels and cash flow.
- Reviews slow moving/obsolete inventory and identifies changes to process to minimize risk of obsolescence to the business.
- Strong background in establishing and delivering annual cost standards.
- Ensures all Suppliers have received and agreed to comply with our Ethical Sourcing policies.
- Ensures assigned service suppliers are meeting agreed-upon service requirements as per contract.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university.
- 5 years + experience in a similar field.
- Business Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field experience.
- Full working knowledge of supply chain systems with implementation experience. Full knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Medication and or Consumer-packaged goods strategic sourcing experience is advantageous.
- Experience in setting standards, budgets, and research to ensure an uninterruptible supply chain supporting manufacturing or related fields.
- Experience with global sourcing of products preferably medication and consumables.
- Must have outstanding leadership, verbal, and written communication skills.
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance
- A culture of learning and development
- Opportunities for online training
- A chance to create a culture we love.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: