Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED)
Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) was founded in 2018. We are a global health and development Non Governmental Organization, focused on improving the growth and development of populations through strengthening governance and democratic processes, conduct of empirical research to generate evidence and through the implementation of sustainable programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Within delegated authority, the Senior Officer Monitoring and Evaluation, will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support the development and monitoring of the implementation of M&E Plans and strategies for the Spotlight Initiative
- Support the development of, and monitoring of the implementation of comprehensive and robust monitoring and evaluation plans and strategies with appropriate data sources, collection methods, analysis plans, metadata management, data quality assurance/improvement practices and resource requirements.
- Supports in the development of action plans such as annual work-plans and reporting tools
- Coordinates and participate in the collection and use of monitoring data, as well as evaluation and reporting.
- Assist the Technical Advisor, M&E in close consultation with the Spotlight Initiative Technical Team in the preparatory process of the annual reviews and performance reporting; including providing guidance in consolidating the annual progress report
- Plans and coordinates activities to ensure the quality and accuracy of collected or reported data.
- Supports the development and implementation of baseline, mid-line, end-line and periodic evaluations.
- Supervises activities and deliverables for State M&E Officers with supervision from the Technical Advisor, M&E
- Supports State M&E Officers on knowledge management and capacity development on results-based management in relation to the Spotlight Initiative
- Documents progress of Spotlight Programme against project implementation plans, results matrix, milestones and targets.
- Continually assesses methodologies and instruments for collection, documentation, analysis and reporting of data to identify areas for potential improvements.
- Coordinates monitoring, data collection, and reporting for Spotlight Initiative gender based violence program, including the Livelihood Project
- Designs and disseminates monitoring and evaluation resource materials, templates, and guidance documentation.
- Supports efforts on results and progress monitoring and reporting on the Spotlight Initiative and Livelihood Project
- Participates in planning and conduct of capacity building activities for participating agencies and partners in the area of programme monitoring and evaluation as necessary.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners on data collection and project/research implementation.
- Support coordination of knowledge management, dissemination and use of gender-based violence data
- Facilitates the efficient flow of monitoring and evaluation data and the sharing of best practices with the Spotlight Team, and participating agencies and partners.
- Supports the identification of good practices and lessons learned and share findings with the Spotlight Team
- Leads designing thematic activities and knowledge-sharing forums and encourages others to participate.
- Coordinates the achievement of unified reporting of gender-based violence (GBV) data through partnerships
- Supports the achievement of Spotlight Initiative’s goal of one reportage of gender-based violence data by participating agencies and partners into the Situation Room – the national data reporting platform
- Facilitates process that allow for seamless onboarding of new participating agencies and partners to further the use of national data reporting platform.
- Liaise with Database Consultant to ensure continuous functionality of the Situation Room Dashboard including upgrades, troubleshooting, and resolving issues
- Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by the Director Monitoring and Evaluation or desginee.
- Candidates should possess a Master's Degree with 3 - 7 years work experience.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Good people management attributes
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Models independent thinking, action with ability to get things done
Technical / Functional:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Results Based Management
- Addressing Sexual and Gender-based Violence
- Partnerships & Relationship Management.
- Gender Issues & Analysis
- Data Measurement
N350,000 - N500,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in either Microsoft or PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and their full name as the subject of the mail. E.g "Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer - Tola Amina OKAFOR".
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th July, 2022.