Onstream Group – With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets, The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
Senior Medical Officer
- Carrying-out consultations for expat. and local staff and their dependants;
- Ensuring medical best practices, ethics and confidentiality in all areas under his responsibility: emergency service, outpatient/external care, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology, hospitalization.
- Monitoring continuous development (i.e. update training in BLS, ACLS, ATLS…) for medical staff and contracted personnel;
- Supervising the activity and work schedule of external service-contract personnel and consultant specialists;
Supporting and supervising DW OH Physician in:
- Promoting health, safety and welfare at work by conducting biennial ‘Healthy Living Awareness Campaigns’;
- Conducting the audit of all Lagos retainer facilities on a yearly basis and issuing a ranking of services in each specialty;
- Conducting audits of DW offshore sites once a year;
- Achieving AMC 100% completion ;
- Reporting work-related illnesses/injuries and sickness absences;
- Developing quality assurance, preparing further accreditation process in all areas,
- Optimizing the network of external specialists and controlling the merit of all referrals;
- Assisting the CMO:
- In supervisory functions over DW medical staff and contracted personnel under his responsibility: appraisal, career progression, individual training plan, mobility planning;
- In optimizing the medical workforce dimension and its technical suitability;
- In encouraging cost-efficiency in all areas under his responsibility;
- Registration of the facility with Regulatory Agencies (Ministry of Health, NAFDAC, NNRA…)
- Registration of all practitioners with their respective professional bodies and their annual practice licenses renewal;
- Budget forecasting and performance analysis: supervising the Admin. Manager in the process of monitoring medical fees, work schedule and timely contract renewal of contracted GPs and consultant specialists;
- Assisting the CMO in updating CMS Procedures;
- Monthly and annual reporting to the CMO of all activities related to SMO DW.
The position is responsible for:
- Ensuring 24/7 medical emergency response;
- Coordinating and supervising all clinical activities and providing high standard Medicare for all entitled within the allocated budget;
- Handling hierarchical supervisory functions over medical personnel under his responsibility.
- Reporting all activities to CMO.
The DW SMO assists the CMO in:
- Monitoring for quality assurance the standard of care in Lagos Clinic;
- Monitoring for quality assurance the standard of care received from all retainer clinics and external consultants;
- Ensuring that personnel under his responsibility comply with the rules and regulations of the Company, their regulatory bodies and Health Authorities
- Providing DW Clinic budgetary forecasting, budget performance follow-up/analysis and cost-efficiency.
This position is accountable for:
- Ensuring 24H/7 uninterrupted medical service delivery with adequate personnel and equipment;
- Ensuring quality and cost-effective Healthcare for all beneficiaries in DW District;
- Cost- optimization of referrals and control of all other expenditures to comply with budgetary provisions;
- Maintain a motivated and productive workforce in his area of responsibility.
- Familiarizes self with TEPNG/TUCN emergency procedures, carries-out assigned responsibilities safely and reports any incident, unsafe act or operation;
- Ensures all personnel under his supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring to check for compliance with Subsidiary/Company HSE objectives and mitigates adverse impact on health and well-being of accidents.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Bachelor of Medicine,
- Diploma in Emergency Medicine,
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine;
- Strong experience in Oil and Gas;
- At least 15 years post-qualification experience.
To apply for this job please visit resourcemanager-150227dc2c0.secure.force.com .