We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Labour Economist
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50065751
- The Vice President, Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery, is responsible for the relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group's operational programmes and activities.
- The RDVP Vice-President ensures that the Bank carries out its activities effectively in all its RMCs and supervises the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank's regional management.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
- The General Directorate for Central Africa plays a central role in the Bank's operational framework for the reduction of poverty and promotion of sustainable development in its Regional Member Countries (RMCs).
- It leads the development of indicative lending strategies and programmes at the national and regional levels, focusing on the Bank's Five Operational Priorities (High 5s) flagship programmes: Light Up and Power Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and Improve the Quality of Life of the People of Africa.
- The Agriculture, Human and Social Development Division (RDGC.2) covers the last three High 5s, which focus on: food and nutritional security through agricultural transformation by developing the agro-industry; improving access to education, health, drinking water and sanitation; youth employment and promoting gender equality and social protection.
- As a member of the RDGC, the Senior Labour Economist will ensure the implementation of projects, programmes and studies in the social sector, with a focus on job creation and social protection.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Labour Economist will:
- Provide integrated strategic advice and high-level technical support to the Bank and RMCs on employment issues;
- Make significant contribution to the Bank's knowledge management initiatives in the field of employment in order to stimulate knowledge-sharing within and outside the Bank;
- Provide sound advice on best practices to address broader labour market issues. Serve as a technical authority on employment for poor and marginalized groups;
- Provide expert advice to other Bank Departments/Divisions on labour market issues, including unemployment, social protection and poverty reduction;
- Participate in the formulation, preparation, evaluation, negotiation, monitoring, follow-up, launching, supervision and retrospective evaluation missions and the review process of small- to large-scale projects or programmes;
- Lead certain specific preparation, evaluation, monitoring, launching, supervision and project completion missions; prepare relevant reports and ensure their processing until their approval by the Board;
- Review and evaluate studies and other project documents;
- Recruit and supervise the work of consultants in charge of various missions and responsibilities related to Bank operations;
- Monitor project implementation status; review project implementation issues and propose solutions;
- Establish relations with other donors for the co-financing of Bank operations; and
- Review and provide advice on documents, studies and other reports (identification, preparation, evaluation and completion reports, CSPs, SEAs, etc.) prepared by the Bank.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s degree or equivalent degree in Economics or other related disciplines;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the fields of labour markets and social protection. Project cycle experience and knowledge of the activities of multilateral development banks will be an asset;
- Good command of and experience in analyzing labour market information for policy development and best practices;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software; and
- Ability to effectively communicate in English or French (written and oral), with practical working knowledge of the other.
8th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.