54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Accountant II
Department: Accounting & Finance
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: VP of Finance
- We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to provide support to the finance department.
- The Senior Accountant supports the VP of Finance with a wide variety of functions which include month end close, transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls.
- S/He serves as a key resource for the US entity and provides daily financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and regulations, to facilitate solid decision support.
- The Senior Accountant also assists with coordinating month end close activities in subsidiary country office finance teams. S/he will report to the VP of Finance and proactively and cooperatively works with management and staff to implement solutions as required.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations, and laws as well as best practices.
- Manage month end and year end close
- Maintain fixed assets registers.
- Monthly analysis of financial performance
- Manage and support all aspects of accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable,cash receipts and banking.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and monitoring.
- Assist with annual financial audits.
- Periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five to eight years of related accounting experience including prior experience as a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager.
- Experience with SAP or similar accounting software.
- CPA certification and public company accounting experience preferred.
- Biotech/life science industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills, self- motivated, critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Analytic and detail-oriented, with good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online