SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Specialist - Nigeria Country Manager
Requisition ID: 317876
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Work Area: Administration
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
- The Country Security Manager (Nigeria) will manage and execute day to day operations to ensure the physical safety and security of SAP employees, buildings and assets, which may have a very high level of regulatory, compliance, financial, and brand impact and/or a very high complexity of work and life safety.
- They will manage day to day customer engagement, knowledge management, quality assurance and organizational learning. And they will seek to foster programs to transfer the relevant knowledge across organizational boundaries, as directed by their line manager.
- The Country Security Manager (Nigeria) will maintain the highest level of professionalism in all activities to represent the organization internally and externally, while serving as a trusted advisor and ambassador for SAP and affiliated companies.
- Provide overall physical security support and direction to multiple SAP business locations. Maintain a site-by-site overview of budgeting/spend, existing conditions, contact data, and location specific information.
- Conduct physical building security risk assessments, surveys, and physical penetration testing.
- Manage contract security services (Guarding/Watchman), to include the development / implementation of Building Security Operations Manual at all sites.
- Manage electronic security systems and vendors, to include electronic access control, badging, visitor management, security video, intrusion detection systems, and control center operations.
- Execute the planning, design, bid, construction and commissioning activities for multiple concurrent projects, and oversee all aspects of physical security related to these projects. Projects include new construction and renovation (driven by Global Real Estate & Facilities), or system replacements and / or additions.
- Assess and implement personnel protection programs, consisting of Travel Safety & Security, Events, Close Protection, Workplace Violence, and Kidnap Preparedness.
- Provide training and employee security awareness programs.
- Conduct internal investigations as needed.
- Oversee physical security incident reporting and resolution.
- Conduct presentation of physical security services when necessary.
- Partner / support SAP Health and Safety programs and ensure emergency responses are established.
- Report on physical security strategy and metrics (KPIs).
- Maintain close relationship with law enforcement and emergency responders.
- Work as directed by manager.
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- 5 years’ experience in physical security industry or equivalent (military, law enforcement, etc.) or 3 years’ minimum experience in corporate physical security
- 3 years of direct experience in the majority of ”Job Description” and “Competencies and Skills” above.
- Ability to pass background verification.
- Foreign language skills of AOR desirable; comprehensive English language written and spoken a must.
Competencies and Skills:
- Manage detailed programs related to the efficiency of the financial, operational and overall compliance of the organization. Seek to highlight ways to improve the effectiveness of the organization and its processes.
- Possess a good working knowledge and understanding of their industry and identify and collect key market information / trends and apply to the organization / processes.
- Manage and execute day to day delivery of multiple projects up and down the organization.
- Manage relationships often with global, regional and local senior management plus outside service providers and business partners.
- Manager of processes and interfaces across organizational boundaries inside and outside of Global Physical Security management that relate to Country of responsibility (Nigeria).
- Seek to drive operational excellence and quality assurance by providing best practices, problem solving, and guidance within his / her area of responsibility.
- Country of responsibility will be Nigeria-wide, with the potential to support operations in West Africa, where required, and at short notice.
- Serve as liaison to executive management / provide reports / champion internal goals and manage KPI's.
- Conduct performance reviews and people management, where appropriate.
What we offer
- Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work.
- We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online