Catilas Resources Limited - Our client who operates in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for an outstanding and experienced Safety Supervisor to help our client who operates in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry minimize their risk of job-related accidents.
- You will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities.
- You will also develop policies to promote occupational health and safety (OSH) awareness.
- As Safety Supervisor, you should be well-versed in all OSH guidelines in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry. Your work will be focused on prevention, so you need to be diligent and analytical.
- You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
- The goal is to support the creation of a healthy and safe workplace.
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks.
- Develop and enforce OSH policies (e.g., accident reporting process).
- Direct accident investigation procedures.
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions.
- Organize and conduct OSH training plans.
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations.
- Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OSH matters.
Required Education / Qualification:
- BSc / BA in, Safety Management, Business Administration, or relevant field.
- Valid certification in Occupational health and safety (Maritime / Oil and Gas sector) is a must.
- Minimum of 5years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in similar roles within the Maritime and Oil and Gas sector.
- Proven experience as safety Supervisor.
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety.
- In-depth knowledge of OSH guidelines and practices.
- Experience in reporting and developing policies.
- Experience in implementing OSH training programs.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- Diligent with an analytical mind.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is based in Koko in Delta State and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.