Recruitment for Project Manager at AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited
AgroMall is at the intersection of digital agriculture and digital financial services. We have worked with over a million farmers and other participants in agricultural value chains to improve their yields; create market access; facilitate financial services and support logistics. We are helping to change the narrative in agriculture and improving the profile of the farmer and agribusiness from that of subsistence practices to thriving commercial entities. Working with international development partners across the world; financial services providers and governments, we are creating digitally enhanced and connected ecosystems in agricultural value chains in multiple countries across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Level: Mid-Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Function: Business Transformation Unit
Where you fit in
- We are committed to change the world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into people’s lives, everywhere through agriculture and technology.
- We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our company with people who want to do the same – and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and company.
- If this is you, we encourage you to swim into our candidate pool!
- The Project Manager- Agriculture will play a pivotal role within the business as part of the agribusiness and commercial agriculture production team.
- Your primary responsibility will be to play an oversight role on delivery of the crop production and agribusiness projects, and providing technical advisory on irrigation and farm production.
- In addition, the position will include a supporting role in the delivery of agronomic and extension services to farmers and other agribusinesses.
- You will be responsible for supporting strategic projects across the business portfolio with a focus on ideation, project execution and identification of project dependencies, intersects and scope conflicts.
- Defining the business case/financial justification of projects and tracking project spend and well as project savings / cost avoidance,
- Assuring quality control of project activities, supporting field teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-add feedback,
- Guiding the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and responsibility matrix, Monitoring performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the work plan are met, developing mitigation plans to minimize risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans,
- Point of contact for commercial and technical questions of the project team,
- Supporting the planning of project mobilization and outreach to farmers, mainstreaming gender in mobilization activities to ensure women representation in the target participants of the project,
- Ensuring that all activities in the project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closing phases are documented and archived, including key learnings.
- A university degree, MSc/MBA is preferred
- Project Management Certification is an added advantage
- 5+ years’ experience in managing agriculture focused projects
- Knowledge of agronomic principles and practices including crops, forage, and livestock
- Experience in the practices, principles and operations associated with modern production agriculture and irrigation
- Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization, implementation and evaluation, including developing project proposals
- Passion for commercial agricultural production, which requires introducing new practices and winning over the hearts and minds of local smallholder farmers.
- “Own it” mentality and unique ability to cut through the noise to get things done inventively and efficiently
- Ability to plan and execute with and through people in a matrixed organization
- Good at collaborating, building positive relationships, and advancing business goals Outstanding critical thinking, analytical, influencing and communication skills
- Organized, independent, flexible multi-tasker with keen attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment with contending projects and priorities
- Capable of facilitating meetings and communicating findings and results to project leadership
- Must be a High performer with a drive for excellence and growth
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation.
- An outside-the-box thinker with a start-up attitude.
- Must be committed to continuous learning and showing mutual respect to all levels of staff.
- A bold and strategic leader who can work in a diverse team
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation
- Must be very strong at execution and executing within timelines.
- Health Insurance
- Learning & Growth Opportunities
- Flexible time and days of work
- Subsidized lunch
- Opportunity to work with bright minds and even more.