ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: REACH Nutrition Database Officer
Location: Damaturu - Yobe / Yola - Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-1 (national contract)
Start date:1st February, 2022
Under the direct line management of the REACH Database / GIS Specialist, and in close coordination with the GIS Officer, Nutrition Assessment Officers and Field Manager, the Nutrition Database Officer (NDO) will be responsible for supporting data management within the nutrition surveillance system.
- Support the management of nutrition data including but not limited to; cleaning and timely analysis of NFSS, FMS, ETT and FIT data.
- Ensure quality during data collection and analysis stage, this may include performing daily plausibility checks and providing customised feedback to the field teams.
- Together with Nutrition Assessment Officers, offer practical support to field teams to collect quality data
- Support the management of the nutrition data server and ensure a smooth mobile data collection processes.
- Compile results tables that will be used to feed reports/bulletins and data sheets for the IPC/CH analysis workshops
- Support the development, review and deployment of questionnaires and other tools used to capture and clean nutrition data.
- Provide technical support during the statistical analysis and reporting findings from nutrition assessments.
- The Nutrition Data Officer will liaise with government and non-government agencies at state level to guarantee production of quality products that meet the needs of an effective nutrition surveillance system.
- He/she will respond to information requests at field level and keep participants at state level informed of ongoing data management activities.
Confidentiality and Data Protection:
The Nutrition Data Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
Internally, the Nutrition Data Officer will work closely with the GIS officer and nutrition assessment officer, to provide analytical support to the REACH Assessment staff and Country Coordination. These relations will also extend to ACTED country staff including Program Development, AMEU and Area Coordinators.
- Ensure adequate communication of appraisals processes, follow up and summary of appraisals
- Share appraisal-related tools/guides as needed.
- Ensure end of probation appraisals, as well as bi-annual appraisals, are conducted promptly with HR/Admin informed at all stages including promotional objectives (Additional objectives asides from the assigned TOR ) to be achieved by the staff.
Provide feedback on HR/administrative matters raised by the field teams
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner.
- Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
- They will also be responsible with printing and delivering REACH products directly to those providing REACH with the data. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Nutrition, Public Health, Data Sciences, Computer Programming, Master's Degree is an advantage.
- 3 - 4 years of experience in management of nutrition data in the humanitarian context is required.
- Prior experience conducting nutrition assessments and analysing data using the SMART methodology is required,
- Familiarity with other nutrition assessment methodologies such as IYCF surveys, SQUEAC is an asset.
- Previous experience managing large databases using R and or other statistical programming softwares.
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO) is required
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign is an asset
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior experience working in North-East Nigeria is an asset;
- Fluency in English required;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office specifically using Word, Excel and Power point is required
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations and deliver quality results with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English
- Interested and qualified candidates should provide contact details (name, position, email address, and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 2 must be for the latest employer. (HR and Supervisor)
- Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.