Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 400 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
USAID-Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)'s mission is to save lives, alleviate human suffering, and reduce the physical, social, and economic impact of rapid and slow-onset disasters by supporting at-risk populations to build stable foundations. By ensuring affected populations have enough food and income, health and nutrition services and increased access to improved water, sanitation and hygiene, Action Against Hunger through this action will enhance the goal of saving lives, alleviating human suffering and reducing impact of disasters for the vulnerable populations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Entry Level
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Officer
- Monitor the ACF frequencies and clear them from non-authorized users.
- Keep the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs.
- Ensure all security advisories from the Field Coordinator are immediately relayed to the staff and immediately report sensitive/security related matters to the supervisor or Field Coordinator.
- Training new staff/visitors on the use of VHF and HF radios.
- Ensure all VHF/HF base and hand held stations are in good working condition.
- Ensure that all drivers comply with their duties and responsibilities and follow standard logistics procedures. Inform base/capital logistician if there are any circumstances that hinder drivers to comply.
- Ensure that all vehicles belonging to the base are being effectively maintained and used according to Action Against Hunger standard logistics procedures that all drivers are aware of the service cycle requirements of each vehicle and advise the base / capital logistician 500- 1000 kilometers before a vehicle service is due.
- Report all disciplinary issues relating to drivers who may breach Action Against Hunger policy or procedure.
- At least 2 years professional experience on office operation/assistance and related experiences.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and either Hausa or Kanuri language.
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios.
- Flexible in terms of working hours.
- Previous experience in INGO at the same level of position.
- Knowledge about radio installation/basic maintenance, electricity or any technical field.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 183,056 per month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.