- Company: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Zamfara Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Jobs in NigeriaNGO Jobs in Nigeria
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Shinkafi and Zurmi LGA’s – Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve patients’ mental health.
- Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment.
- Inform patients and their relatives about possible consequences of an illness and the drug treatment to follow
- Refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implement Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions.
- Assist and train staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Work in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Notify the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Education: Essential – Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
- Experience: Essential two (2) years working experience with MSF/ other NGOs or in a well-structured medical establishment .
- Language: English and Hausa are mandatory; Other languages are desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
Gross Monthly Salary
- According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2022.