Provost at Ogun State College of Health Technology
The Ogun State College of Health Technology, lese-jobu is an institution established by amended Act 2008 to provide courses of instruction in Health Sciences, Technology Behavioural and Management Sciences leading to the award of National Diploma, Higher National Diploma, Diploma and Certificates in various courses organized into the following schools; School of Environmental and Public Health Science, School of Health Science and Technology, School of specialised Health and Medical Technician.
We invite applications for:
- The Provost is the Chief Academic and Chief Executive Officer of the College.
- The Provost is responsible to the Governing Council for the day to day running of the affairs of the College
- He/She shall be responsible for the general discipline in the College
- He/She is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council and Chairman of the Academic Board
- He/She must provide strategic direction to the Management, Staff and Students and provide advice on academic, administration and fiscal policies to Academic Board and Governing Council of the College
- He/She is expected to attract funding, initiate high priority academic work, enhance public awareness and promote good image of the College.
Specifically, the candidate must:
- Be a highly distinguished Academic with a Ph.D Degree with ability to provide quality academic and administrative leadership.
- Have minimum of Eighteen (18) years teaching experience in tertiary institution, at least eight (8) years of which must have been gained in the Polytechnic or similar institution
- Have attained the position of Chief Lecturer in reputable Polytechnic or similar Institution of higher learning and must have spent minimum of five (5) years on the post.
- Possess the ability to sustain harmony among the Governing Council, Academic Board, Management, Staff, Students and between the College and the host communities.
- Be a very resourceful personality with initiative, vision, and drive for sustaining accelerated pace of development of the College, even under challenging situation,
- Be a person of high probity and personal integrity
- Be enjoying excellent physical and mental health, and be prepared to work under considerable pressure
- Be computer literate.
- Be less than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office for a term of 5 years,
- Have a high reputation and be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his/her track record;
- Be able to provide administrative leadership to a well-informed and articulate local academic community.
Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other condition of service of the Provost are largely similar to those applicable in other Government Polytechnics as well as public Institutions in Nigeria and shall be stated clearly in the candidate's letter of appointment as approved by the Governing Council of the College.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their application letter together with Curriculum Vitae (CV) duly signed with date by the candidate and giving the following information below:
- Name (Surname first)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages children (if applicable)
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail Address and Telephone number
- Educational Institutions attended and qualification with
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Work Experience (in chronological sequence)
- Present employment status
- Extra curricula activities
- Workshops and Conferences
- Journals and
- Major Technological Innovations/Inventions or projects completed (if applicable).
- Service to Community
- Name and Address of three (3) Referees with the Confidential Reports.
Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Ogun State College of Health Technology, llese-ljebu,
P.M.B. 2081, Ijebu-Ode,
Soft copies of Application should be sent to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The application must be accompanied by a vision statement for the College in not more than 3,000 words
Application Deadline 5th August, 2022.