African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Clerk
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50070300
The role of the Bank's Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat (PSEG) is to facilitate the achievement of the objectives set out in the Bank's Ten-Year Strategy, the High 5s and the Development and Business Delivery Model, by streamlining the decision-making process of governance bodies and forging better working relationships with shareholders and host countries of the Bank. Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat:
- The Office of the Secretary General, which is also responsible for managing the Records Management and Archives Section, the Corporate Governance Policy and Shareholder Relations Section and the Conferences and Meetings Section;
- Board Affairs and Proceedings Division; and
- The Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division.
The main functions of the Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division (PSEG.2) are to provide protocol services and manage relations with the Bank Group Headquarters or host Country Offices of the Bank Group and diplomatic missions.
The mission of the Protocol Assistant is as follows:
- Receive, process and carefully verify documents to maintain and strengthen the trust of African Development Bank partners
- Ensure the careful preparation of draft notes verbales addressed to the host country and diplomatic missions with particular attention to preserving the Bank's good image.
- Prepare administrative correspondence addressed to host country authorities taking into account local specificities.
- Manage day-to-day affairs with host countries and diplomatic missions, in accordance with protocol standards and relevant instruments
- Ensure the faithful implementation of Partnership/Host Country Agreements
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and direction of the Principal Protocol Officer, the Protocol Assistant performs the following:
- Receive and process visa applications from staff members of the African Development Bank and their family members.
- Prepare notes verbales for visa applications
- Send visas requests to diplomatic missions for missions, holidays, children's study trips, medical evacuation and transit stays.
- File visa documents
- Liaise between PSEG, various ministries and other host country authorities as well as between PSEG and the various Diplomatic Missions
- Welcome and assist Elected staff, official delegations and guests of the African Development Bank at the Airport.
- Keep monthly statistics on visa activities.
- Process and follow up on entry visa applications with relevant services
- Ensure that protocol is respected at ceremonies and events organized by the Bank.
- Ensure protocol is respected at African Development Bank Group Annual Meetings and other statutory meetings.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a higher education (Bachelor's or Master's degree) diploma in Diplomacy, Law and Administration.
- Possess at least four (4) years of professional experience in the area of Protocol, Public Relations or Public Administration.
- The incumbent should also have work experience in a multicultural environment.
- General knowledge of Protocol and similar experience in an intergovernmental organization
- Private-sector experience would be an added advantage.
- Possess sound knowledge of diplomatic norms and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficiency in the use of common Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP (or another integrated document management system or quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools) would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online