The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Duration of Contract: 1 Year
Work Hours: Full Time
Terms of Reference
- Provide technical support in improving quality of RI data management in the country.
- Ensure that data generated is properly managed and analyzed to facilitate data-driven decision Making.
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed.
- Support NPHCDA to build capacity of RI personnel at all levels on data management through development of training modules and training of national, state and LGA personnel on data collection and electronic data entry, data analysis and feedback.
- Provide support to state and LGA EPI staff to assure data is sufficiently of good quality.
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to national, state and LGA EPI Team
- Follow up with EPI teams at state and LGA levels to ensure that quality data reporting is optimal on all electronic platforms.
- Provide data for partner reports, donor reports and presentations.
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate.
Required Qualification/ Experience
- Master's Degree in Data Management, Epidemiology, Public Health or Statistics.
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net and other related languages.
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS and other statistical softwares
- Experience with web-based applications is desired.
- At least 2 years' experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance/monitoring and evaluation system.
- Two years' experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience working with primary health care systems in Nigeria at all levels.
- Experience with adult teaching.
Knowledge Requirements / Skills:
- Language proficiency in English
- A good understanding the primary health care is a requirement.
- Strong technical knowledge in public health, epidemiology, PHC systems, and data management
- Practical experience in the design and implementation of operational research
- Good leadership and management skills is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English language orally and in writing.
- A good understanding of public health, data compilation and management and data analysis at all levels
- Knowledge of all PHC data collection tools
- Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
You application should contain the following:
- Motivation letter, including discussion of understanding of assignment(s)
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their Application Letter
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.