Project Manager at Network For Health Equity and Development (NHED)
Network For Health Equity and Development (NHED) was created to serve as alternative business platform to provide international level technical assistance in Health and Development in Nigeria, particularly in markets restricted to only indigenous organizations. As an affiliate of Health Partners International (HPI), both companies have a signed agreement with HPI to purchase and utilize all her standards for financial and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job type: Contract
Reports To: National Program Manager/Technical lead
- In line with our mandate we are recruiting qualified and suitable candidates to oversee our ongoing projects in several northern states.
- This is a professional middle management position that will very closely with the National Project Management team in Abuja with a focus on comprehensive implementation of state project activities.
- The sate Project Manager will fully participate in key decision making for the nutrition program. The role has a significant focus on comprehensive planning and quality delivery of nutrition activities.
- The State Project Manager, will lead administrative tasks of planning, organising, supervising, and implementation of nutrition projects in the selected state.
- He will mentor, and supervise the state team to promote high quality nutrition implementation approaches. They will perform assigned management duties closely working with other internal departments, to coordinate nutrition programme activities.
The State Project Manager has the following key accountabilities:
- Provide managerial and operational leadership to the State Project Team in developing and finalizing the various deliverables for the project – inception report, annual work and procurement plans, semi-annual and monthly reports as well as the financial management and health care waste plan
- Liaise with the Client, the State Primary Health Care Development Agency: (SPHCDA), and other stakeholders on all technical and operational issues related to the provision of the basic package of nutrition services.
- Liaise with the State to ensure availability of guidelines, operational manuals, reports of surveys and assessment and other documents relevant to the project, for developing the work plan.
- Provide overall supervision for State Project Office staff in ensuring that an enabling environment exists for project deliverables to be accomplished on time
- Ensure deliverables and targets are met within the stipulated timelines as well as submission of the various reports.
Establish project quality assurance mechanism comprising:
- Procured goods and services
- Standards for all services
- Development of quality assessment and improvement tools
- Capacity building for Q and A
- Quality improvement and client satisfaction
- Supervise the implementation of the monitoring framework for the project.
- Ensure strong financial management/accounting oversight of project funds, timely and appropriate fund release towards operational costs and payments to contracted vendors/consultants based on verified achievement of results; maintenance of financial records and books of accounts; timely audit of project expenses and resolution of issues.
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Ensure timely, complete and correct recording, reporting and collation of performance data and results indicators.
- Support documentation and dissemination of best practices to the state, and other implementing agencies in line with the knowledge, management and learning component of the project.
- Conduct regular review/analysis of service data with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and develop actions to improve outcomes from poorly performing LGAs.
- Monitor and review routinely progress reports of project interventions especially progress towards achievements of targets on the indicators from the results monitoring framework and performance targets.
- Develop a coaching/mentoring plan and supervisory plan for the project components and establish a mechanism for managing documentation related to project monitoring activities (reports, assessments, briefs, meeting notes, oversight visits from Project Steering Committee).
- Liaise with state technical implementing agencies, for possible inputs, guidance, support as necessary to ensure smooth implementation of project activities
- Liaise with development agencies, Civil Society Organizations/NGOs active in the state to ensure complementarily and greater impact.
- Establish a robust engagement mechanism that takes cognizance of the state political economy environment to support effective, efficient and smooth implementation of project activities.
- Liaise with relevant technical experts at Head Office to provide support to State Project team as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master's Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nutrition, Public Health or Equivalent)
- At least 10 years experience managing development projects, preferably in African countries with a strong focus on field implementation;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behavior change would be an asset
- Excellent analytical, strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English (Comprehension, writing and speaking) and Hausa.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NHED is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity
Application Deadline 10th January, 2022.