FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Requisition ID: 2021201374
Location: Ogoja, Cross River State with frequent travels to Taraba State
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Associate Director, Special Projects
Lead field activities for rolling out COVID-19 response for Cameroon refugees and vulnerable populations in Cross River and Taraba State.
- Liaise with NPHCDA, NCDC, FMOH, UNHCR, Cross River State Ministry of Health, Taraba State Ministry of Health, SPHCDA and other stakeholders to design the implementation plan for the project.
- Liaise with NPHCDA, NCDC, FMOH, UNHCR, Cross River State Ministry of Health, Taraba State Ministry of Health, SPHCDA and other stakeholders to adapt guidelines on Infection prevention and control, COVID-19 case management, critical care and vaccine roll out to the Cameroon refugee situation in Cross River and Taraba States
- Conduct trainings on infection prevention and control, case management and critical care for health workers
- Conduct trainings on public health emergencies for LGA and state level health decision makers in Cross River and Taraba State states
- Design and implement risk communication and community engagement strategies for Cameroon refugees and host communities in Cross River and Taraba States
- Establish LGA level Public Health Emergency Operations Centers
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and border communities to set up community based point-of-entry surveillance
Expertise and Complexity:
- Must have demonstrable experience working with National level stakeholders such as NCDC, NPHCDA, FMOH, Global Fund CCM on core pillars of the COVID-19 response
- Must have strong experience in designing and implementing the continuum of care for COVID-19
- Must have good knowledge on how to adapt existing health services to COVID-19 situation
- Must have good knowledge of health management information systems used in Nigeria (SORMAS, DHIS 2)
- Must have experience in leading multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable capacity to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions
- Must have strong understanding of the health systems in Cross River and Taraba State
- Have demonstrable capacity to initiate and maintain engagement with donors
- Have demonstrable familiarity with program management
Type and Nature of Contacts:
- Interact with colleagues both in the HQ, Country and regional offices, Communicate with regional stakeholders and other public officials clearly and politely.
- Communicate and provide information to the team, FHI Headquarters and occasional external contacts with tact and accuracy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PhD or similar Degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS / MA in Social Science, Public Health, Statistics or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS / BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public sector and NGO.
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in English Language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: