To strengthen this operations and interventions in the North-East part of the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Locations: Borno (Maiduguri, Banki & Ngala) & Adamawa (Mubi & Yola)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
The conflict in north-east Nigeria has resulted in widespread displacement, violations of international humanitarian and human rights law, protection risks and a deepening humanitarian crisis. The crisis continues to uproot lives of thousands of children, women and men and is adding to the long history of marginalization and chronic under-development. In the three most affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, 7.7 million people need humanitarian assistance, more than 50 per cent of whom are children. In areas recently retaken by the government vulnerable host populations are in critical need of humanitarian interventions including food, water, sanitation, protection, education, shelter and health services.
- Project Coordinator As a member of the Program Management Team, supports the Project Director, Protection Coordinator and Senior Program Officer in providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the humanitarian response project activities in the supported LGAs, will also be responsible for supporting activities in the intervention towards delivery of interventions to survivors of SGBV and/or vulnerable populations, supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality programming
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 yes’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or B.Sc/BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Prior experience implementing any form of protection support is required, preferably iii a camp setting.
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
15th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.