Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Report to (functional): Project Coordinator
Report to: Project Coordinator
Working Hours: 48 Hours per week
Contract Duration 6 months
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordinator take, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analyzing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts in different administrations in order to improve decision-making processes
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with the NGOs, UN agencies , local authorities, media etc.) iin order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis
- Ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and keep updated the list of contacts
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and parties to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in internal and external communication sessions and events about MSF (for national staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion
- Translate documents and act as interpreter when needed
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure the weekly incident report (WIR) is update as needed and keep the project coordinator informed on any key security issues that he may directly be informed of ensure discretion as required
- Support in recording meeting notes and sharing the same in a timely manner as required
- Support in the running of the office and supporting logistics activities as may be requested by the project coordinator.
- Support the Project Coordinator in ensuring appointment are met and project meeting books is updated and shared.
- Education: Desirable, University degree.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Team work and Cooperation, Behavioral and Flexibility Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management
- Experience: Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Language: English and Hausa
NGN 3,949,153 (Annual basis Salary +13 month) as per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Level, copies of Credentials and copy of the NYSC Certificate (only PDF or MS Word) either by email to: [email protected] using the Position and the Reference Code as subject of the email
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificate or credentials.
- MSF encourage Women and people with disability status to apply
Application Deadline 20th June, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]