Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Ref No: sfh-35952
Job Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 36 months
This position will be responsible for providing support to the Programme Unit in the implementation, coordination, and management of Key Populations interventions at the HQ level.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Programme management: Work plans, monthly report, stakeholder engagement
- Clinical services: HIV Testing services, HIV care, and Treatment
- Monitoring and Evaluation: MER indicators and data analysis
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Public Health or Health Sciences.
- Possession of a Master's Degree in any of the above courses will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years post-NYSC experience working in development programmes at the community level inclusive of at least 2-years’ experience with HIV &AIDS programme planning and implementation with public and NGO sectors is required.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Knowledge of WHO and national HIV care and treatment guidelines
- Knowledge of HIV programme management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Word, Goggle sheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A fast thinker who works well under pressure to meets deadlines.
- Problem solver
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.