Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Contract type: Full time, fixed term
- Options Consultancy Services seeks a Programme Manager based in Abuja, Nigeria to be responsible for the effective and efficient project management for Options Consultancy Services.
- They will work closely with other Options’ Team members in the UK and Nigeria to ensure that all work is carried out is to high standards and support the development of the organisation as a whole
- The candidate will manage specific long-term programmes and short-term assignments within the Options Nigeria portfolio ensuring all donor guidelines are adhered to.
- They will work closely with the Senior Programme Manager, Country Director and Output Lead for the Lafiya programme to contribute to the strategic planning and monitoring of the designated projects, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- They will also track project deliverables ensuring they meet appropriate levels of quality, are on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan. With the Finance Team, based in the UK, they will work on all aspects of financial management related to Nigeria programmes and assignments, and contribute to the monthly management accounts, annual audit and budgeting process, and regular budgeting and re-forecasting.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level.
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes.
- Experience in distance management of relations between a head office and an internationally based team.
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets.
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects and other issues simultaneously.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and manage work in a highly organised way.
- Excellent communicator both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of a spread of international donors, including DFID
Commensurate upon experience.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2020.