Oloibiri Health Programme Limited GTE is a non-profit organisation registered in 2020, borne out of the 5 year SHELL funded Oloibiri Health Programme.The goal of Oloibiri Health Programme (OHP) is to optimize the health status of communities within Ogbia LGA to levels comparable with top quartile global indices in the world. OHP seeks to advance health and save lives; promote social determinants of health; advance education and research and be a force for change in the community. The OHP will be maintained by theOloibiri Health Programme Limited GTE (OHP Ltd GTE). Beneficiaries will include all residents of Ogbia LGA in Bayelsa State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The OHP Limited GTE is seeking to employ a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial, experienced Manager with a history of nurturing a new organization.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, projects in education, health, water and sanitation and/or small business development would be an advantage. This position will report to and work directly with the board of OHP Limited GTE.
- The Programme Manager will build relationships with communities and facilitate the delivery of projects identified by the community. Working in complete collaboration with community members, government and other stakeholders, will ensure that the appropriate structures are in place to guarantee the long-term sustainability of the projects developed.
- This position will support a number of community-based projects and will handle a broad and diverse range of responsibilities and assignments to support the Organization both internally and externally.
- Manage a portfolio of cross-sectional projects.
- Report to the Board Members, while maintaining operational consistency across all approved projects.
- Support partners and stakeholders in project management functions.
- Work with the finance department to provide financial and reporting support for programme leads and other stakeholders, with proper project financial management workflows and reporting.
- Manage any necessary project procurement according to the rules and process of theOHP Ltd GTE, and of specific donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure that project documentation is well managed and available to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant project indicators are recorded, tracked and reported.
- Draft and manage MOUs, contracts and other agreements to ensure good project governance.
Budgets and Financial Management:
- Support the creation of project and programme budgets.
- Prudently manage budgets and forecasts for all projects under management.
- Ensure ongoing, accurate financial reporting on projects.
Client and Donor Management, Reporting and Monitoring:
- Support the business development and donor management unit with project information, budgets, and programme status and performance indicators.
- Ensure appropriate project data is collected, analysed and reported.
- Identify all the relevant stakeholder groups
- Document their respective expectations
- Analyse and group these expectations
- Manage these expectations using appropriate strategies
- Maintain regular and effective communication
- Take appropriate actions as a result of stakeholder feedback
Project Systems Management:
- Assist in developing appropriate project management protocols, processes and templates.
- Support in designing, developing and implementing project productivity toolsets across the organisation and stakeholders.
- Remain abreast of key trends and developments relevant to key program areas of the foundation
- Prepare Reports
- Directly line manage the Business Development, Projects and Accounting Officers
- Provide general oversight for all staff supervision responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
The Programme Manager (PM) should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Mandatory Requirement: Degree in Medicine or Master’s in any Public Health discipline; working in the health sector with experience in development work in Niger Delta communities.
- Desirable Requirements: Experienced in Grant Sourcing, proposal writing; health policy, health care financing and project management
- The position calls for a highly organized individual with excellent project management, communications, and organizational skills. The role requires self-direction combined with flexibility and a capacity to give and receive feedback graciously. Attention to detail is important for this position.
The Programme Manager must have:
- At least five year’s management level work experience, preferably in a multi-project environment.
- Experience in direct line management and overall responsibility for corporate performance
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, knowing how to prioritize and adjust timetables based on demand and other circumstances
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online