Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Finance Officer
Abuja, with travels to project locations
Contract Duration: 2 years
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Start: As Soon as Possible
Reports To: The Country Finance Manager
Main Objective of the Role
- The overall role of the Program Finance Officer involves participating in the Country Office program budget implementation focusing on monitoring, reporting, evaluating and maintaining of program budget related documents and ensuring their proper filing and timely submission to stakeholders.
- Providing timely project budget implementation feedback to partners’ senior management and support in the monitoring of programs, while ensuring that the Program Team is informed of programme planning through:
- Preparing financial documents (e.g., partners Financial & Procurement Checklists) for approval; by critically analyzing financial processes and procedures for compliance.
- Documenting the key highlights noted in the financial monitoring reports and reporting on the progress of the implementation of recommendations by CBM, project auditors and other stakeholders through persistent follow ups.
- Review periodical programme funds reconciliation statements and financial reports (including PPR) of partners in coordination with the partners finance team to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Assist in financial reviews and investigative audits of partners, and suggest corrective action as appropriate on areas in partners’s financial systems and procedures that need improvement.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of Reference for project audits and ensure that CBMs accountability requirements are incorporated in the TORs.
- Provide support to partners POs as required, other projects finance officers in projects card /projects data upload and update in NAV and SP as appropriate.
- Uploading of approved financial and narrative project monitoring reports in Navision and SharePoint.
- Any other tasks assigned by the CO finance manager
- To comply with all CBM HS&S procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by own acts or omissions at CBM.
- Travel Activities: Yes.
- Identify red-flag in partners’ transactions and processes, compile the red-flag reports and checklists, provide regular updates to the CO Comic Relief program management team.
- Assist in financial training of partners’ staff, contributing to training materials and resources, organizing and facilitating partners’ finance workshops and CBM partners project finance officers workshops and reflective meetings, and take responsibility for following up on participants’ action plans especially as it relates to partners and Comic Relief project.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of References for project monitoring visits,
Requirements (Education, Professional Experience, Languages, Methods, Competencies, Personality Traits)
- Degree in a Finance related field (such as Business Management or Business Administration) with an academic background of at least BAC+4
- A professional accounting qualification (such as ACA, CPA, ACCA) and Project Management knowledge is compulsory.
- Four years relevant professional experience
- English at professional proficiency level
- Fluent speaking in local languages is an advantage
- Reflects CBM values in daily work.
- Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Highly numerate with proven analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to translate financial information to non-financial audience.
- Demonstrated ability in financial statements analysis with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CBM strongly encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- Only successful applicants will be invited for interview.
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- The role is a permanent contract located in Abuja, Nigeria. This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws
Application Deadline 25th January, 2022.