Program Rotation Manager at One Acre Fund
One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Rotation Manager
Team: Internal Consulting
Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia (You will rotate based on organization priorities)
Career Level: Professionals
Open to: National applicants only
Duration: Full-time job
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Take on a critical leadership role, collaborating with other executive leaders, to work on some of the most impactful and highest priority challenges facing the organization.
- As One Acre Fund grows to serve more than one million farmers, flexibly responding to new challenges and gaps that would otherwise slow growth will be crucial. The Program Rotation Manager is a way for outstanding management professionals to contribute to the highest-priority challenges facing our organization.
- For you, this role offers rapid professional growth by providing exposure to the full scope of One Acre Fund’s operations, preparing you for a permanent executive leadership role in the organization.
Selected Program Rotation Managers would rotate through a series of high priority leadership postings, followed by a permanent posting or further rotations depending on the candidate’s interests:
- First 12-24 months: Rotate between several ~6-month long management posts
- Afterwards: Permanently fill a high priority role of interest for the candidate
The role has a dual reporting structure:
- During your rotations you will report directly to a project lead
- You’ll also have a constant dotted-line management relationship to the Director of Strategy & Research for support and continuity of professional development
Examples of possible rotations include:
- New Department Standup: Rotation Managers could lead programmatic changes for One Acre Fund, like standing up a new Global Field Operations team or organizing a global approach to a new source of impact like agroforestry.
- Program Expansion: Potential projects include leading new country / region expansion, managing the pilot of a new business model or product offering, like One Acre Fund branded agro-dealers
- Focused Department Leadership: Support an essential department with enhanced strategic leadership during an important period of change, e.g. during a department restructure, expansion or culture reset
The Program Rotation team works with One Acre Fund’s leadership to determine specific rotation projects and the eventual permanent role. This process aims to balance organizational need and your professional goals. You will experience a full spectrum of leadership challenges in a growing social enterprise, while receiving intensive professional development from our senior leaders.
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of relevant work experience and a commitment to our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated previous work experience at a management level in challenging environments
- History of quickly producing impactful results through your team(s) at scale – low lag time from project start to delivering impact
- Desire to work in different geographic locations, in a field setting. For at least 12-18 months, multiple relocations around sub-Saharan Africa are expected and most rotations are field based
- Experience managing diverse teams, especially sales, operational, and field teams. Experience coordinating between multiple departments is a plus
- Excellent data analysis skills, able to work with data to develop informed, evidence-based strategies
- Interested and experienced in building collaborative teams, including colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Language: English required, French a plus in Rwanda and Burundi. Swahili-speakers are particularly encouraged to apply.
Remuneration ad Benefits
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- Consistent with experience
Sponsor International Candidates:
- Yes; must have existing rights to work in in the African continent.
Career Growth and Development
A Program Rotation Manager will receive:
- An assigned mentor from One Acre Fund’s senior leadership who remains consistent between rotations to provide long-term anchoring and career growth in the organization
- Diverse projects across different geographies and departments for a comprehensive work experience
- Challenging work assignments that address both important One Acre Fund priorities and your personal development goals
- We have a culture of personal ownership, constant learning, and investment in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]).