- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Communications & Health Infographics
Requisition – 2021200943
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Director
- Under the direction of the Project Director, the Communications & Health Infographics Officer will perform functions related to design and layout of various print and electronic materials for the project, the documentation of program reports, success stories, best practices and lessons learnt as well as internal/external communications and media monitoring.
- S/he will support the development and implementation of strategies to raise the media profile of NAHI Surge intervention, as well as help to ensure project adherence to Global Fund and FHI 360 branding and marking Policy requirements.
- This position also provides support to all key internal and external events to develop strong public relations for the program and the organization, including with key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create the design and look of communication materials and publications for the NAHI Surge intervention and FHI 360.
- Design the layout of various print and electronic communication materials for the project, the documentation of program reports, success stories, best practices and lessons learnt as well as internal/external communications and media monitoring.
- Serve as primary liaison with external graphic designers/vendors, soliciting bids, negotiating contracts and spearheading these publications through the outside design process.
- Support production of communication materials including success stories, bulletins, brochures and other promotional material.
- Monitor implementation of the communication style guide for all external and internal communication materials (TV and radio programs, presentations, speeches and other documentation).
- Work collaboratively with the thematic unit originators of the work ensuring that all designs are appropriate for the publication.
- Design graphic materials to support other work as needed.
- These might include report covers, order forms, media announcements/publications and invitations to special events.
- Design and format CD-ROMs that will package FHI 360/Global Fund Project materials for wide distribution.
- Maintain a calendar of key events in close collaboration with program and technical staff members and implementing partners. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume of workflow.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, and/or social science research.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to reproductive health, family planning, HIV infection.
- Has written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant language skills are preferred.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Experience working with external print vendors is preferred. Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Provide support for public events such as VIP visits, high level delegate visits, launches, disseminations, exhibitions, conferences etc.– including setting purposes and objectives, roles and responsibilities; pre-planning, briefings, logistics, schedules, presentations, posters, exhibition stands and post conference evaluation.
- Skilled in word processing and graphic design software packages, preferably PC-based software, such as Quark, Quark Express, Page Maker, and Microsoft Publisher desirable.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria at least 25 %.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA in commercial / fine arts or graphic design-related field and 5 – 7 years design experience in design work in print and electronic settings Or;
- MS/MA/MBA, and 3 – 5 years design experience in design work in print and electronic settings. Skilled in word processing and graphic design software packages, preferably MAC-based software, such as Adobe Web/Design Collection, Final Cut Pro, Maya 3D, etc.
Application Closing Date