The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF), is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private and other non-government organizations to promote accountability, good governance and contribute in achieving equitable, sustainable and quality healthcareand social services delivery among the poor and vulnerable population, especially women and childrenin Nigeria. WACHEF was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005 with registration number CAC/IT/No 19194.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
- Work closely with WACHEF Executive Director in the design and implementation of programs
- Provide leadership, management. coordination, and technical expertise for programs
- Produce monthly, quarterly & annual reports
- Coordinate the implementation of all WACHEF project activities in the target communities in the State, through training /mentoring of project staff and community adhoc staff.
- Work closely with donors and government agencies in the implementation of programs
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities which may arise from time to time and which are relevant to the post.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Sciences or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel to communities in Taraba State and other project locations within Nigeria
- Good writing, analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Strong communications (written, oral and presentation) skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Previous experience of working within a non-profit setting will be beneficial.
Deadline: 19th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.