Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services.
Program Manager – Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX)
Job Number: 1018825
Travel: 0-25 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- We are building the future of human-computer interaction at the scale of Windows. If you want to help build the most used software experiences in Windows and refine them so that the next generation of Windows devices unlock the creative and productive potential of customers, come talk to us! The Windows Core Experiences team builds the core interaction experiences in Windows – these range from iconic UI like Start & Taskbar to the touch, voice, and pen+ink interaction models.
- We’re looking for a data-driven & customer-obsessed PM with a history of delivering great end-to-end experiences, and a passion for innovation in human-computer interaction. Join our team and help define and deliver the next generation of Windows and the future of how humans experience computing.
Who We Are
- The Windows team has offices in the US, Japan, India, and Kenya, and is part of the Experiences & Devices group within Microsoft. Our mission is bold: to help people achieve more through people and knowledge and we are looking for colleagues who will help make the mission a reality. We build Search experiences that are prominent in Microsoft 365 products including SharePoint, Outlook, Teams and Office.
- As part of the team, you will be working on parts of the Windows UX, conducting user research to understand users’ needs and test whether your solutions fulfill those needs. You will then use that data along with telemetry-sourced insights to partner with our Design and Engineering teams to define, refine and deliver a world-class experience. To achieve our goals at the scale of Windows, you will collaborate and partner with teams across Microsoft to build support for proposed solution.
- The ability to manage relationships across the company, build convincing data-backed business cases, and drive processes for transparency & accountability across teams will all be important to success in this role.
- We are looking for someone who will work with design, research, and developers to envision how people will interact with Windows devices in the future. A willingness to dive deep into market and user data to inform investments and prioritization is essential.
- The ideal candidate must have strong customer empathy and UX skills, and a proactive attitude towards diving into a problem space, identifying and articulating user and business needs, and generating solutions.
- We need someone with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity and drive for clarity, as well as refined story-telling skills to bring innovative ideas to life when sharing vision for prototyped features.
- BA / B.Sc degree in Computer Science or related technical equivalent and 1+ years of program/product management experience
- Passion for delivering customer-obsessed user experiences
- Experience doing ground-up user research and talking to customers about their needs, in addition to testing whether solutions effectively fulfill those needs
- Demonstrated success with open-ended projects, creating plans for approaching new problems, responding to feedback, and driving the team through an iterative process for innovation
- Demonstrated success driving strategic partner engagements and delivering on complex projects
- Experience with UX platform-level code that enables a coherent experience across the OS and Apps.
How to apply
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft on careers.microsoft.com to apply