Program Lead at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Lead
Requisition ID: req23434
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Position Reports to: COP
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
- At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from Harm to Home.
IRC Nigeria Programme
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014, the IRC moved into Adamawa State in Northeast Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations.
- IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State.
- The IRC is responding at scale to the humanitarian situation across sectors including Education, Child Protection, Health, Nutrition, Women Protection and Empowerment, Environmental Health, Economic Recovery and Development, Protection and Rule of Law, and Governance. In 2015, IRC Nigeria developed a five-year long-term Strategy Action Plan (SAP): The plan has Health, Education and Economic Wellbeing as high priority program areas.
Job Overview / Summary
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC), in partnership with Plan International, the American University in Nigeria (AUN), Inclusive Development Partners (IDP), and Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) is implementing a five-year USAID-funded education programme called ‘Opportunities to Learn’ in Borno and Yobe States between October 2021 and October 2026.
- The Programme intends to ensure more than 193,854 OOSC and youth in Borno and Yobe States are safely able to gain foundational literacy, numeracy, and social and emotional learning (SEL) skills to progress to higher levels of education, training, and or engagement in the workforce.
- The Programme Lead, based in Maiduguri, will be responsible for the overall coordination of the OTL activities in both States.
- Oversees the day-to-day implementation of OTL’s workplan as developed by the team’s technical leads
- Coordinates the management of the state programs teams, ensuring activities are implemented effectively with support from the Ops team.
- Works with the Technical Leads to ensure understanding and fidelity to approved workplans.
- Works with the MEL Lead to ensure lessons learned are captured and shared appropriately.
- Works with the COP to develop effective implementation processes across all project areas.
- Ensures programs staff have the necessary resources and training to deliver services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international Development, Education, Sociology, or a related field.
- Seven years of experience working on programs engaging youth, civil society, education, or public policy; at least eight years of experience working in management and supervision of multi-component development programs, preferably USAID.
- Excellent teamwork including ability to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to engage effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results.
- Experience working on youth-centered programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability