Program Assistant, Strategic Information Public-Private Mix at Institute of Human Virology Nigeria
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant, Strategic Information Public-Private Mix (PA SI, PPM), TB-LON 3 Project
Department: Strategic Information
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information, TB-LON 3 Project
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
- The Program Assistant(PA) SI, PPM will support the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the organization to ensure program targets are met.
- H/She will implement and ensure data quality, best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels.
- H/She will ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program and promote health system strengthening activities at all levels.
- H/She will be expected to collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of data reported from the basic management unit to the next levels;
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Participate in site monitoring, supervision and mentoring;
- Assist in generating regular gap analysis to show Facility, LGA, and State progress towards achieving set targets;
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at supported facilities and generate reports;
- Maintain facility information data and facility list for the state;
- Ensure complete and consistent reporting on all electronic platforms used in TB-LON3 and the National Electronic Tuberculosis Information Management Systems (NETIMS);
- Assist in the maintenance and support of all electronic platforms used in TB-LON3 National Electronic Tuberculosis Information Management Systems (NETIMS);
- Ensure compliance of facilities / LGA Tuberculosis Supervisors to reporting timelines and reporting lines;
- Ensure the availability and utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Information, TB-LON 3.
- A University Degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural and Social Sciences, Statistics and Epidemiology.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field.
- Experience in data collection, processing and use.
- Experience with Tuberculosis and HIV / AIDS programs or related health service programs.
- Experience with the USAID Strategic Information system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines.
- Data management and analysis skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends.
- A good understanding of the USAID strategic information system.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications.
- Team player and goal oriented.
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Deputy Director, Human Resources" through this email address: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th November, 2021.