- Company: Paystack Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Strategy & Operations Officer
About the Team
- The Product Strategy & Operations team supports Paystack’s CEO and product leadership to develop product strategy, deliver analysis to drive the business forward, and incubate new products.
- The team may dig into winning new market segments with our sales team, help plan, build and launch new products with a team of engineers and designers, or independently define new strategic opportunities for Paystack to pursue on its product roadmap.
- This is a broad and dynamic role that leads mission critical, cross-functional efforts across Paystack to bring together the right experts from all parts of the business (e.g. legal, partnerships, finance) to develop a holistic perspective on product strategy and to manage execution.
- Whatever it is we work on will move the needle most for Paystack and our users. We care about impact – not activity – and we have fun doing it. If you like to solve hard problems, are analytical, and are a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
About the Role
In this role you will work across Paystack’s product pillars (Payments, New Businesses, Merchant Experience and Settlement, Expansion) to:
- Perform analyses and research to drive new product strategy and articulate product vision
- Work with product, engineers, and designers on planning and launching new products
- Explore and strike new partnership opportunities for Paystack to scale across Africa
- Design and implement cross-functional systems and processes that Paystack needs to grow at scale
- Incubate and help run new product teams
- Partner with other teams to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5 – 10 years of work experience. We care most about ability and potential, and this role will offer you a greater degree of responsibility and growth than you will find in other jobs.
- You are excited about the opportunity for fintech and building financial infrastructure in Africa.
- You have experience in a highly strategic, analytical, and operational role in fast-paced environments.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects.
- You’re able to scope, execute, and coordinate projects among different teams and different time zones.
- You enjoy digging into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- You have a proven track record of working well with multiple teams and external partners.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- You are an exceptional communicator. You’re able to explain complex issues in clear, persuasive language with a strong emphasis on maintaining collaborative and productive relationships.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and the ability to lead people to get things done.
- You have experience in product or project management, taking initiatives from conception to launch.
Nice to Haves (truly, these are nice to have!):
- Experience working on the African continent (especially Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Egypt)
- Experience working in a technical domain, or closely with a team of engineers
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in a consulting (or similar) role
- Experience in payments
- Competitive salary and Stripe equity compensation
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Remote-first culture / flexible office working
- Work from home setup stipend
- Monthly internet / data allowance
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
Application Closing Date