Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world's smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading 'Neobank' for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Owner - Investment (Fractional Shares)
Job Type: Full time
Role Overview & Purpose
- In this role, you will direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI.) You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish.
- In addition to this, you will be required to prioritize and assess work for our technical team, this will include gathering feature requests as well as scheduling releases and coordinating sprints.
- To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver who is able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
- Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver our company’s vision.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap
- Groom and prioritize backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Determine, Project and Analyse commercial viability of the product.
- Continuous improvement in the product to ensure adoption by new users and increase the stickiness of the product.
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends.
- B.Sc / BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Proven experience as a Product Owner or similar role in the Investments industry.
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product lifecycle
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Exceptional organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to ensure you are able to work with cross functional teams to achieve results.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies is a plus.
Why join Kuda?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online