- Company: Co-creation Hub Nigeria (CcHUB)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Design Lead
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to recruit a results-driven venture builder to join the startup’s support unit and work with exciting companies across our accelerator programmes.
- In this role, you will play a key role in supporting high growth technology companies, from across the continent, to build great products that meet the needs of their target customer.
- The role will be perfect for someone who has an understanding and experience of how to build a product that users love, in terms of function and design.
- Work day-to-day with entrepreneurs across the continent to build global sustainable businesses with a laser focus on building/improving their products by taking a customer-centric approach.
- Provide strategic advisory to startups on their product development strategy/plan and work with our Product, UI/UX and Engineering team to test, review and give feedback to help make the product better.
- Make introductions and connect portfolio companies to individuals and organizations that will be of value to the product development goals of the companies.
- Create and facilitate product-related workshops/projects
Partner and Advisor Engagement:
- Manage existing partnerships with product-related advisors and businesses within our networks as well as develop new relationships, with a focus on unlocking key opportunities and credits that will be beneficial to the product development goal of portfolio companies across our programmes.
- Evaluate and pursue opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and collaboration on an ongoing basis within the ecosystem
- Provide regular progress reports on startups.
- Educational background in technology and/or design-related fields, with an understanding of product and design principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Preferably 4+ years of working experience in product development/management or any other related line of work.
- Experience working in an iterative design environment including giving and receiving feedback.
- Entrepreneurial experience or experience supporting startups or working in a startup environment.
- Understanding of the technology and startup ecosystem.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and research skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Excellent communication in English (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- A competitive salary, based on experience.
- Medical Insurance
- Work alongside world-class talent
- A culture of learning and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and training
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people
- A chance to make a social difference
- Overall fun company.
Application Closing Date