- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi State. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014, Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015 and Damaturu (Yobe state). The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Economic Recovery and Development and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Requisition ID: req11012
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Sector: Supply Chain
Open to Expatriates: No
- The Procurement Assistant is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system.
- Procurement Assistant must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, team supporting, supplier reference checking, updating procurement trackers & supplier data base along with material category price list. S / he will also help the staff in finalizing the planned MSA / MPA’s in a timely manner by supporting in the site visits procedure & documentation preparation
- Updating supplier database & Material category price list
- Creating Payment requests files and submit to finance
- Carryout all documents photocopying, scanning, archiving procurement files &reception of goods
- Proper filing of all procurement documents
- Follow-up internally between SC department and Finance department on procurement-related transactions.
- Following the guidance of the procurement staff, to ensure that all fields’ goods, to be dispatched along with all the needed documentation (Waybills…).
- Sending request for feedback regarding suppliers’ performance & update supplier files accordingly
- Participate in MSA / MPA procedure where staff is needed.
- Send Request for quotation for Market Survey, Proposals or Procurement of desired Goods and Services
- Preparing Payment requests for delivered Goods or services.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Supply Chain Officer or Supply Chain manager
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
- Position directly supervises: NA
- Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Assistant
Other Internal and / or external contacts:
- Internal: All staff
- External: This position will require close collaboration with IRC Staff, suppliers & other networks, etc.
- Undergraduate or Bachelor University Degree, preferably in Management, Administration or related fields
- Work Experience: 0-2 years
- Language Skills: Excellent in English.
- Maintain attention to detail and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel.
- A good command of English language.
- Working Environment: Staff will be based in Abuja office.
- The position is based in Mubi Adamawa state with frequent travel to other IRC field sites. Successful candidate will be required to work 8 hours daily and 6 hours on Fridays.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- IRC and IRC employees must adhere to the values â€‹â€‹and principles contained in the IRC WAY (Standards of Professional Conduct). These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on the protection of beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse, child protection, workplace harassment, financial integrity, and retaliation.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to apply.