We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Starting date: as soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide Administrative Support to Procurement Officer.
- Obtain quotations on behalf of Procurement Officer.
- Conduct small purchases.
- Ensure correct filing and archiving of Procurement Dossiers.
- Scanning, printing, photocopying and archiving of procurement files.
- Provide assistance in receiving materials from suppliers.
- Ensure all deliveries are physically conformed with delivery notes and/or waybills
- Verify quality of materials supplied in liaison with program technical staff
- Ensures all deliveries from suppliers are stored in the warehouse.
- Supervise deliveries and dispatches to and from Damaturu base.
- Receive deliveries from suppliers, other bases.
- Prepare and archive Delivery Notes, Reception notes.
- Prepare goods for transport.
- Supervise packaging and loading of supplies and equipment.
- Liaise with transport or courier companies regarding deliveries.
- Assists in giving inputs to Procurement Officer for preparation of monthly PFU reports.
- Assist in conducting physical inventory for office and guesthouse.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- The Procurement Assistant should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities.
- The Procurement Assistant is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter.
- Directly reporting to Procurement Officer.
- Liaise with all staff for individual requests.
- Liaise with all Logistics.
- OND/HND/Bsc in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or any other equivalent course.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in office administration and procurement.
- Some experience in Logistics and stock control;
- Good capacity to work in a team;
- Knowledge of English;
- Good Computer skill, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger principles, values and charter.
- Experience in working for NGO;
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Yobe State indigene
9th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online