Procurement and Admin Officer at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Admin Officer
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
- The Procurement and Admin Officer will be responsible for all based procurement planning and procurement.
- He/she will also be responsible for providing Abuja based administrative support to state projects under Malaria Consortium in Nigeria.
Scope of Work
- The Procurement and Admin Officer will support the project procurement plan design and regular updating.
- He/she will provide the analysis for all Abuja strategic supplier agreements related to and will monitor them, and will coordinate all procurement related in Abuja in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy.
- He/she will also manage all assets in the Abuja office and provide support to the management of assets in all state offices.
Procurement planning (15%):
- Support the project manager and Country Office Manager with the design of procurement plans to allow all procurements to be delivered on-time at value for money following compliant processes
- Work with the Senior project manager and Country Office Manager to review all project procurement plans on a regular basis (at least quarterly) to ensure that all procurement is being planned to allow for on-time delivery at value for money following compliant processes.
Supplier agreements (15%):
- Support the Abuja Office Manager with defining they Nigeria Country Procurement Plan
- Provide support in the analysis for all Abuja based Framework Agreements and creation of Preferred Suppliers based on the Country Procurement Plan, following the processes defined in the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, including for fuel, security, IT support, generator maintenance, vehicle maintenance, stationery, hotels, taxi firms, rental vehicles, event locations for conferences/workshops/seminars, printing material, etc.
- Track all Global Fund procurements against all supplier agreements and provide quarterly reports to the Abuja Office Manager on total expenditure to date per agreement, supplier performance and issues and recommendations for the coming year.
- Coordinate all Abuja based procurement in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, ensuring that all documentation is completed, correctly approved and filed appropriately for future reference
- Maintain a record of the status of all procurements, which will be shared weekly with all relevant staff so that they can properly plan and implement all activities
- Collate documentation for all procurements for the Country Procurement Review Committee (PRC)
- In line with the project budget and working closely with the Country Office Manager, ensure value for money of all procurements for activities carried out in Abuja and all offices at state level.
Admin, Asset and Stock Management (15%):
- Support the Abuja Senior Admin Officer in managing all Abuja based assets to ensure that they are registered, tracked, maintained and disposed of according to the Malaria Consortium Asset Management Policy
- Maintaining the Property Inventory Register for all office equipment (as per the Malaria Consortium Fixed Asset Policy) in Abuja
- Support the Abuja Senior Admin Officer in managing any stock procured by, as defined by, and in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Inventory Management Policy
- Carry out delegated administration tasks as required by the Abuja Office Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or similar qualification in Procurement and Administration or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in procurement
- Proven writing skills in English
- Sector awareness related to procurement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot basic ICT issues.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Facilitation and coordination skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- Please do not re-apply to this position if you have earlier done so
Application Deadline 15th July, 2022 (23:59 BST).