- Company: Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Osun Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
International Breweries Plc is a proud part of the AB InBev family, a world’s leading brewer. International Breweries Plc was incorporated in December 1971 under the name International Breweries Limited. The Company commenced production of its flagship product Trophy Lager in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectoliters per annum.
In December 1982, the Company embarked on an expansion programme. The company was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in April 1995.
The corporate headquarters of the Company is located in Lagos. Starting with just two brands, Trophy Lager and Beta malt, our brand offering now includes Budweiser, Hero Lager, Castle lite, Grandmalt, Eagler Lager and Eagle Stout.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Artisan, Mechanical – Utilities
Employment Type: Full-time
- Opportunity exists for a Process Artisan, Mechanical – Utilities in International Breweries Plc Ilesha, reporting to the Utilities Engineer
- The Process Artisan will provide engineering support to the maintenance function through the repairing, replacing, or manufacturing of parts for plant, machines, and equipment in manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment:
- Comply with VPO safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards.
Maintain and repair plant and associated devices:
- Locate plant, equipment, spares, and relevant documentation and or systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Operate workshop equipment
- Stop and start Utilities equipment.
Work in Teams:
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development.
Work Orders Complete:
- Satisfied customers – no rework
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Identification of unsafe practices
- Safety inspections conducted
- Safe maintenance practices audited
- Adherence to PPE policies
- Maintenance tools are in good working order
- Comply with VPO requirements for LOTO and PTW.
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner
- Where scheduled work can not be completed, feed back to the maintenance planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritizing outstanding work
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows
- Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities.
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action, Where required, specialist assistance may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Supplier. Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem solving approach to resolve, Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Engineer for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request Take part, as functional expert, in FFA’s on request.
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving.
- Min. of B.Sc / HND / B.Tech in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 – 3 Years experience in FMCG environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
Traits and Competencies Required:
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist)
- Initiative and energy
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats:
- Kindly have line manager approval for internal applicants.
- Attach cv in pdf format
- International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.