The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Investigator for Therapeutic Efficacy Study 2021
Job Type: Part Time
- Management Sciences for Health through the President’s Malaria Initiatives for States (PMI-S) project plans to support the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), along with a TES core team implement Therapeutic Efficacy Study (TES) and continuous monitoring of antimalarial drugs to strengthen relevant policies for the year 2021.
- We are seeking to engage a Principal Investigator to lead implementation of the 2021 TES in Kaduna, Imo, Kwara and Lagos states with direction from the TES Coordinator and reporting directly to the TES Coordinator.
- S/he will assist with finalizing TES preparations, leading trainings, providing oversight of study site, and ensuring the overall quality of TES conduct and outputs.
- The 2021 DTES will be conducted in four (4) Sentinel sites in Nigeria. The sites identified for the study are Kaduna, Imo, Kwara and Lagos states.
- In collaboration with the TES Coordinator, oversee finalization of TES protocol and site standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Lead centralized training for the TES sites staff on the study protocol, processes and procedures
- Ensure adherence to study protocol at the TES site
- Provide on-site debriefs with site study team
- Document findings and recommendations in a timely manner
- Provide regular updates on TES site implementation to the TES Coordinator
- In collaboration with the TES Coordinator, ensure TES sites have the needed consumables and equipment in time.
- Provide monthly progress reports to TES Coordinator on site TES activity.
- Communicate concerns or issues about the TES immediately to the TES Coordinator
- Work closely with the QA Lab Scientists to ensure high quality issues for the TES
- Take responsibility for the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data captured and entered from the TES site
- Provide direct technical supervision of the site team and activities at the study site.
- Participate in the TES 2021 report writing.
- Site Specific Standard Operating Procedures “SOP”
- Training Manuals and curriculum
- Routine report to TES Technical Coordinator and MSH
- Review of the final 2021 TES report.
- Advanced Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Experience conducting clinical or epidemiologic trials
- Previous successful conduct of TES as principal investigator will be added benefit.
- Previous experience with therapeutic efficacy studies
- Experience in managing teams
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and ability to identify potential data issues and bring to the attention of TES Technical Consultant in a timely manner.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online