Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Consultant, Health Governance
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
- Options Consultancy seeks a Principal Consultant specialising in Health Governance to provide technical and strategic support across Options’ programmes.
- The Principal Consultant will have a strong track-record of providing technical assistance to support the achievement of resilient, inclusive and sustainable health systems results.
- The role of Principal Consultant, Health Governance is to provide organisational thought leadership and technical support to contribute to sustained and country-owned high-performing, adaptable and resilient health systems across Options’ portfolio of programmes in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- The post-holder will be able to appreciate the complexities of and dynamic interactions within health systems including the political context in which they function. They will have significant experience working with national and sub-national governments, civil society and other public and private sector stakeholders around policy and budget formulation and implementation, evidence-based monitoring and oversight, coalition-building, regulation, accountability and fostering equitable citizen-based participation. They will contribute actively to the growth and development of the organisation by leading the technical design of new programmes and contributing to generation of new business opportunities, including through proactive client engagement.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Master's Degree in Public Health, Public Health Policy or Administration, International Health or a related field.
- A health governance specialist with significant experience of strengthening health systems governance across Africa and/or Asia.
- Substantial experience of providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes.
- Substantial experience of leading technical design of programmes, including the development of theories of changes and results frameworks.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2022.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).