Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Location: Lagoon Hospitals, Ikoyi, Lagos (You may be required to work across other Lagoon Hospitals' Facilities)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Department
Internal Contacts: Medical and Nursing Staff, Consultants, Staff in Other Departments.
External Contacts: Patients, Patient Relatives and Friends, Clients
This role is responsible for carrying out medical rehabilitation functions on Lagoon Hospitals patients.
Summary of Responsibilities
- General physiotherapy services.
- Prosthesis and orthosis management.
- Orthopedics and musculoskeletal patients care.
- Intensive care unit physiotherapy care.
- Inpatients and outpatients care.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of patients’ encounters.
- Liaise with consultants and specialists on patients’ medical condition.
- Provide health education and support to the patient and their relatives.
- Liaise and work with other medical and non medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients.
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances.
- Participate at the Hospitals’ CMEs and quality improvement activities.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
- Must be willing to work at any of the physiotherapy departments of the hospital within the metropolitan area.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals:
- Promptness of service delivery to patients.
- Meeting revenue quota.
- Quality physiotherapy care in other branches of the hospital as needs arise.
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy, Medical Rehabilitation or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 years post qualification and NYSC experience is desirable.
- Experience in the healthcare industry will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Nigerian Medical Rehabilitation Therapists Board with valid (2021) practicing license.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Health information management systems is essential.
- Working knowledge of Maitland, McKenzie, Kaltenborn, Nwugarian or Bobath techniques of patients care.
- Knowledge of Hospital Information System (EMR / AKHIL).
- Compliance management.
- Client Management.
- I-CARE attributes (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy).
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: