Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Participating in the preparation of the International Order and Annual Budget definition.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the supply department. Ensure stock cards and Isystock are updated and informing line managers on their status (new items, shortfalls, over-stocking, sleeping stocks, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensures efficient management of stock.
- Management and supply of medical cold chain items (thermolabile drugs and laboratory supplies) analyzing, monitoring and communicating changes (high or low) in temperature to the Pharmacy manager.
- Control and analyze pharmacy orders in order to prevent stock shortages or to prevent drugs from expiring. Alert the pharmacy manager on time.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmacy team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their knowledge on stock management.
- Record all items received and distributed on the medical stock management software (Isystock).
- Together with the Pharmacy Manager, ensure that all pharmacy staffs are aware of the Pharmacy SOPs and has been implemented and followed properly.
- Responsible to do the Pharmacy Monthly Report and to send the updated Isystock backup weekly to the Pharmacy Manager and to the Coordination.
- Ensures that all inventories of drugs and medical devices exist and are updated according to MSF guidelines and protocols.
- Responsible for the storage, ensuring safety and proper record keeping for narcotics and all other controlled substances.
- Responsible for maintaining a record of expired / damaged medical items and would assist the Pharmacy Manager in the process of destruction of expired / damaged items.
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager when necessary in engaging and following up with regulatory authorities such as MOH, NAFDAC, and PCN.
- Must have a degree in Pharmacy
- Valid PCN Registration and Practicing License.
Two years experience in pharmacy management, previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s is an added advantage.
English language and Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage.
- Computer skills essential (Word, Excel and Internet)
- Medical Stock management.
- Knowledge in Pharmacy management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Well organized with good communication skill
- Flexible and committed to assigned task.
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Adherence to MSF principles
- Ability to work under pressure
- Result oriented with a sense of quality.
208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
5.00pm 7th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.