Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Based in Gwoza,
Gwoza LGA, Borno State
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Project Pharmacy Manager
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Supervises: Pharmacy Storekeeper(s)
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (6) Months
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervise pharmacy supply chain processes by MSF’s standards , review FMC used in the International Medical Order file and prepare internal ord ers in c o llaboration with the PMR, pharmacy manager and th e deliver y .
- S upervise the consumption of controlled drugs, by chec king the accordance between medical prescriptions, used ampoules and stock then incorporate the information into a report of regulated drug uses,
- Supervise the rational use of supply drugs to patien ts .
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding disp e nsing of drugs and their side effect .
- With PMR support, select sentinel drugs list to be closed monitor to avoid sudden rupture.
- Pharmacy management: data collection, monthly analysis, partial and complete inventory and ISy stock updated, Report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to pr otocols,
- Record all items received and issued in ISystock , m onitor and analyses orders of depending pharmacies to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs, overstock, sleeping drugs etc
- Supervise an d on job training staff under his responsibility(storekeep ers): Each month collecting data and elaborating it into a monthly analysis of the stock in the pharma cy,
- Essential, Degre e in Pharmacy.
- Medical knowledge an asset.
- Possession of a valid Pharmaceutical License.
- Minimum 1 year of practical expe rience desirable .
- Essential: English and Hausa. Desirable: Mandra an d Kanuri
- Es sential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- MSF Encourages Women and Pe ople wit h Disability Stat us to Apply .
- Only short - listed applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 13th May, 2021.