Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Pulka, Gwoza LGA, Borno State
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Project Medical Referent
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Supervises: Pharmacy store keeper and medicine dispenser (s)
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (6)
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols
- implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) according to MSF protocols
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervise the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions
- Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF
- Monitoring and analyse orders of end user units in order to avoid ruptures of stock overstock and expired drugs.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs Supervising the management of medical supplies in end user units especially for controlled drugs and cold chain
- Promoting and supervising rational drug use in end user units.
- Education: Essential, degree / diploma in Pharmacy. Medical knowledge an asset.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of practical experience desirable
- Languages Essential: English and Hausa. Desirable: Kanuri
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Competencies: Be flexible, open-minded and patient; Service orientation; Commitment; Flexibility; Results; Teamwork; Stress Management
As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th April, 2021.