Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Performance Management Analyst in Nigeria
Requisition ID: req12387
About the Role
- Palladium is seeking a Performance Analyst to be based full-time in Nigeria to deliver technical assistance to the Global Fund's Private Sector Engagement Strategic Initiative (PSE SI).
- This role supports the overall technical assistance provided to the country entity – with a focus on performance management, information systems, data analysis and data informed decision making.
- This 30-month programme will support the Global Fund country entity with overall responsibility for program commissioning and delivery, most likely to be the Principle Recipient (PR), as well as to the service providers. Working closely with the country entity and the Global Fund PSE team, and reporting to the Lead Advisor, the performance officer is responsible for:
- Supporting the design and implementation of performance management systems
- Contributing to the development of activity and results-based contracts and payment models;
- Supporting country entity staff to adapt their management information systems and ensuring alignment with national HMIS where relevant
- Monitoring and analysing data from results-based contracts
- Supporting the identification of data capture systems and defining M&E process and plan (with the local contracting entity)
- Supporting project planning and management,
- Supporting budgeting and resource allocation;
- Developing and implementing systems to deliver high quality and performance, and;
- Contributing to a constant cycle of evaluation and learning and feedback to the GF PSE, GF country teams, country government and partners on progress and lessons.
- Palladium is seeking an analyst to work full time for up to 26 months. They will be expected to be based in-country or, if agreed upon, conduct an extended visit in-country at least quarterly.
About the Programme
- The Global Fund is a partnership to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis (TB), and malaria as epidemics is working in more than 100 countries.
- Palladium is working with the Global Fund’s Private Sector Engagement Strategic Initiative (PSE SI) to support grant recipient countries to harness private sector actors to deliver more impactful responses to the three diseases.
- Palladium has worked with recipient country teams to identify opportunities where effective private sector engagement could deliver impressive results, define success and develop programmatic solutions (focused on contracting and performance management); Phase Two will provide technical assistance to the country entities for programme commissioning and delivery of the solutions, which will provide lessons to inform the development of PSE policy and guidelines for the Global Fund.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting the design and implementation of performance managements systems and processes.
- Academic Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Economics, MBA, Finance or related disciplines. Lack of academic background can be compensated by experience – especially in results-based contracting
- Proven experiencing monitoring and analysing data
- Experience working on design and implementation of results based contracting and payment by results for social development programmes is desirable.
- Proven experience of designing and delivering monitoring and evaluation frameworks and using data for decision making
- Proven experience of programme management of social development programmes (health, education etc.)
- Proven experience of having worked in social development in the country for which the job application is made. Experience of working on health programmes which focus on the Global Funds’ disease areas is desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering programme outputs, including producing high-quality written content (e.g., reports, technical or operational guidelines etc.), and achieving desired results.
- Track record of coordinating and quality assuring the work of teams, including consultants.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience implementing Global Fund programmes desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Applicants must be residents in Nigeria or have a valid right to work to be considered.