Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Support Assistant
Reference ID: req14662
Reports To: Operations Associate
Project Overview and Role
- The UK Support to Health transformation in Nigeria through the Lafiya Programme is a flexible, demand-led strategic partnership with the Nigerian Federal and targeted State governments designed to address equity, improve and sustain health outcomes for the most vulnerable States with the worst health statistics.
- The desired objectives of the programme included fostering an enabling environment for UHC policy reform and implementation, institutional management capacity building and health system strengthening.
- This required the full engagement and participation communities with a view to contributing to ending preventable maternal and new-born deaths.
The programme operated at the Federal level; and geographically in five states of - Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe. Following the ODA cuts, from 0.7% to 0.5% and the spend review handrails, the FCDO reprioritisation and business planning exercise beginning in the last quarter of 2020 and first quarter of 2021 the programme had to scale down some key interventions and consider reviewing the geographic scope going into the next financial years. The programme now focuses on contributing to two outcomes - Morbidity amongst women, newborns, children, and adolescents significantly reduced in targeted states; and Covid-19 transmission and vaccine hesitancy reduced including improved plans and capacity for emergency preparedness and response in the targeted States:
- Output 1: Advocacy & Accountability - Leadership and Governance of primary health care services structures or planning and delivery teams are functional in targeted states (through partnership)
- Output 2: Adequate health workforce for primary health care including RMNCAH service delivery and BHCPF available and sustained in targeted states
- Output 3: Health information management systems capacity to support decision-making for primary health care including RMNCAH and BHCPF service delivery in targeted states increased
- Output 4: Health financing and public financial management to strengthen and sustain access to high quality and affordable primary health care in targeted states increased
- Output 5: Health security and epidemic preparedness and response (EPR) plans developed and operationalized within the targeted states (by addressing social norms/behaviour change.
- The Operations Team works closely with the Technical Team to support effective programme delivery through the provision of critically needed project management support. Whilst the objective remains effective and efficient delivery with a lean and fit-for-purpose team that ensures Value for Money in delivery, it is expected that the Operations Assistants will bring skills and experience to support the programme deliver on key result areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Technical Team to coordinate activities across Lafiya states.
- Support with the central management of flight bookings for consultants and stakeholders.
- Support the FACO/Operations Associate in administering project activity/staff travel advances.
- Support drafting of activity memo and budget and track processes leading to approval and implementation of activities.
- Manage the booking of accommodation for Lafiya events.
- Organise and provide report of meetings, workshops held.
- Provide initial review of all invoices/payment requests and initiate timely action in line with Project procedures/processes towards processing such payments.
- Follow up and confirm appointments with stakeholders and related bodies.
- Provide cover in the event of the absence of the FACO/Operations Associate from duty.
- Submit monthly report of activities undertaken.
- Any other related activities to be assigned by the FACO/Operations Associate.
- Consultants engaged for various activities supported in activity implementation.
- Activity memo and budget drafted, and processes tracked leading to approval and implementation of activities.
- Meetings and workshops organized, and reports provided for the consideration of the Activity Manager
- MDAs, CSOs and NGOs appointments are followed up.
- Monthly report of activities undertaken submitted promptly.
- Submission of monthly timesheets.
- Final Report on the Operations Support provided.
Consultants shall demonstrate the following capacity, ability, and skills as a prerequisite for selection:
- University Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Communications, Project Management or Social Sciences
- Demonstrated office management and administration experience.
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong use of English, ICT, and Microsoft office utilization.
- In-country working experience in Northern Nigeria or similar environments.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Track record of delivery in setting up and closure of operations functions of large programmes
- Strong track record in project operations or business management and administration
- Solid organisational, representational and skills
- Strong management and people handling skills
- Ability to operate in complex situations
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online