Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer – Nigeria IHP – Bauchi
Ref No: req8764
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Reports to: Operations Manager
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- The Operations Officer will work from the Abuja Country Office and provide operations support to the state office.
- The Operations Officer reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the state program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks.
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required.
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss.
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel.
- Maintain HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, ensuring medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and, administer prompt payment of rents, insurance, service and utility bills.
- Assist in performing project close out activities.
- Work with project team to calculate and submit cost share information, where applicable.
- As necessary, assist in financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law.
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project management
- Manage expendable property
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized academic institution in business or related field or 4 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage.
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities.
- At least 4 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making. A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
Project Management Expertise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong management skills with the ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online