Korapay is a payment infrastructure servicing a wide band of businesses making local and international payments. We are a marketplace for digital financial services across Africa. Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day, is to create a world void of digital financial barriers across Africa. We are committed to delivering reliable, secure, and easy to use digital financial solutions to every single customer with a guarantee that it is improving their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Compliance Associate
Job type: Full time
- As an Operations Compliance Associate at Korapay, you will be responsible for developing the ensuring internal compliance with extant regulations, creating and maintaining awareness of compliance obligations within the operations, legal, HR, & finance business units and managing required internal reporting to the lead, compliance.
- Develop and run a world-class compliance program across the different business units (Legal, HR, Operations and Finance), different financial services products and multiple jurisdictions.
Here are a couple of things you'll be doing:
- Provide support and advice on compliance issues e.g. all business units, new products, new jurisdictions, new regulatory initiatives.
- Monitor activities within the operations & finance units and identify & investigate potential problem areas.
- Assist the Business units with the resolution of compliance/audit issues.
- Conduct monitoring exercises in operations, legal, HR & finance units.
- Assist as and when required, in the development, drafting, and updating of procedures/processes/policies and related training programmes/manuals and the delivery of training that is tailored to the operations & finance units needs.
- Monitor effectively the level of compliance with policies such as Consumer protection policy, Dispute resolution policy, corporate governance, human resources, and Merchant success SOP.
- Keep abreast with Korapay’s AML operations, standards, and controls.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc exception reports.
- Escalate significant regulatory non-compliance matters and developments to the Team Lead, Compliance.
- Ensure deployment and tracking of RCSA within the Operations, HR, Legal and Finance Team.
- Assist in compliance measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (including, where necessary, timeframes and responsibilities).
- Evaluate transactions and customer relationships based on established protocol identifying issues and escalating for further investigation.
- Help to foster a positive culture of compliance by working proactively with the business, internal controls functions, and other Compliance professionals to ensure that best practices and systems are in place to facilitate business growth and the overall success of business in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and internal policy.
- Provide business continuity and disaster recovery management and testing.
- Help provide project management support on compliance-related projects and initiatives, as requested, to ensure they progress toward a common goal in alignment with agreed timelines.
- Provide assistance to other investigators when necessary/requested
- Plan and implement audit, inspections, investigations, verifications, self-assessment, and other control activities to ensure the organization adheres to a set of internal policy, procedures, and applicable laws / Regulations
- Track and follow-up corrective and preventive actions from audits, investigation, meetings, and other action sources to ensure timely and quality completion
- Responsible for maintenance, storage, updates, and control of company policies, procedures, documents, records, and other information assets
- Assist in maintaining dashboard and tasks monitoring, as well as overseeing the work of junior ad hoc admin staff.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Compliance or Internal Control Officer or similar role experience in a B2B environment, FinTech services, or banking industry.
- Certification - CFE/CIA/CAMS
- Proven experience in Cards processing or mobile money operations.
- Knowledge of the Transaction dispute (Settlements, reconciliations and chargeback).
- Ability to spotcheck & monitor the finance and cost management process.
- Understanding the complex interactions of regulatory frameworks in the international finance space
- Knowledge of MPGS and Visa processing
- Experience in a high-growth team and/or startup experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical, and project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, operations, and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations, and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Sponsored and Tailored training
- Paid Parental Leave
- 20 Days Leave
- Flexible Work Style
- Internet Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus and
- The opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team-building something great!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online