Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families. Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo,
Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme across the 20 L.G.A’s in the State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Organizational Unit: Administrative Department
Contract Term: Full-time Position, 1-Year Fixed term contract (possible renewal)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Over all office management tasks.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and provide guidance for DFB/GFATM staff.
- Ensure a good recording of data’s in the project office in coordination with DFB Administrative staff and other units.
- Arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Reporting to management and update DFB Rep/MA of office activities, planning and implementations
- Attend meetings and make field visits to DFB implementing activities when required.
- Representing DFB vis-à-vis local communities and authorities, NGOs, international institutions in the absence of DFB Representative or when requested.
- Responsible for all payments of electricity, telephone bills, internet, diesel, other overheads etc. In coordination with DFB accountant.
- Ensuring availability of all supporting documents for audit and for review purposes
- Arrange human resources vacations in coordination with DFB Rep/MA.
- Prepares timesheet and attendance tally with schedules preparation for monthly payment of salary
- Supervising and monitoring the staff activities
- Discussing problems with staff and finding solutions
- Ensure staff follows and Implement the organization's policies.
PSM (In the Absence of Procurement Specialist):
- Plan the timely procurement of project or office resources in coordination with Procurement Committee
- Supports the project requisitions/procurement processes and sourcing strategies.
- Define with requesting entity the best way of providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage.
- Review of requisitions for completeness and adequacy of technical specifications;
- Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipment and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken
- Direct the utilization of resources following the approved procedures
- Control and account for the utilizations of the resources.
- Responsible for all office logistics aspects and vehicles movements
- Any other tasks requested by Supervisor/ Any other work as may be assigned by DFB Country
- Representative or/and other appropriate officers.
Education / Experience
- Applicants must have a University Degree / HND in Business Administration and Management or in any of the related field.
- Experience: 2 - 5 years working on TB projects
- CIPM/NIM/Master in Management related field will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working experience with Global Fund projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft office Application
- Applicant's experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Strong time management skills
- Able to manage and prioritize workload
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team player.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.